I LOVE TO READ

I LOVE TO READ
.SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS- Please be advised I am not taking any requests until 2015 due to ongoing illness. Please check back then to see if this has changed.only those I have agreed to before this will be reviewed Follow These Rules Exactly. Book Reviews here are my personal opinion only. I do not receive payment for reviews only digital copies or physical copies of the books to review. I also may review a copy I receive from the library or buy. I like paranormal, thriller, mystery, drama, human interest, intrigue etc. Let's face it most books. I do not read most science fiction but do make exceptions. I never read erotica, or extreme gore/ and language. I can only read one to two books weekly and review when writing myself. If you would like to have your book reviewed email me lilybrooksfield@gmail.com Preference given to Indie writers, (Ebooks preferred e-pub or kindle formats.)NO HATE MAIL Please do no contact me repeatedly, when finished I will email you. I grade from 1 to 5 stars, 5☆ being the best simply because I enjoyed the well-crafted story .I post to Amazon , if book is available there or Smashwords but only if provided link. Sometimes I will choose not to post a review if the book is unreadable or would score 1 or 2 ☆. Thank-you.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Review: Poppy Done to Death

Poppy Done To Death


Poppy Done to Death
By Charlaine Harris
Available at Amazon http://amzn.to/v7T7yL 
Category: Mystery
In book eight in the series Aurora “Roe” Teagarden is finding a little happiness she settled down into her job at the library and is dating mystery writer Robin Crusoe. However all good things must come to end and this is no exception as Thanksgiving looms Roe has an unexpected visitor in her half -brother Philip who has run away from home  (who met his sister in the last book) and is sure she would be good place to escape from his parents. Added to that she is trying to get to know her new stepbrothers and their wives better so Poppy is happy to put in a good word for her step-brothers wife Poppy in the exclusive Uppity Women’s Club. Roe and her other sister-in law are waiting for Poppy’s inauguration ceremony when she doesn’t show they go to find her. There at Poppy’s home they find her dead. There are a number of suspects because Poppy had an open marriage. Roe decides to use all the skills she’s learned from all the dead bodies she’s found to find the killer which brings her back into her former boyfriend the detective’s circle. The two then have to put aside their differences to find the killer.
N.B. This book is good and gives some closure to some of the story of Aurora however when reading it I was not aware that this was the last in the series. I keep hoping that Charlaine will revisit this series as I love Aurora Teagarden.
**** 4 stars out of five

No comments:

Post a Comment